At the request of Indeed, we've implemented an option to better classify remote positions in CATS. To aid in matching candidates to the correct type of remote position, the "Remote Type" field on a job record offers the following three options:
- WFH Flexible
- Fully remote
“Work from home flexible” means the employer is flexible with letting employees work from home for periods of time, but there is still an office setting to report to. This flexibility is treated as a benefit or perk to employees, not a feature of the job setting. These jobs will NOT be labeled as remote but will still appear in relevant searches for work from home jobs.
“Temporarily remote due to COVID-19” means the job is fully remote, but only for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, and will transition back to a non-remote job after the pandemic has ended. These jobs will be labeled as remote so that it's visible on a job and will appear in relevant searches for remote work.
“Fully remote” means the job can be performed completely from home. This could be because there is no office to report to or because the employer is willing to consider remote candidates. Jobs that require regular local commutes to job sites (such as installation technicians or home health nurses) are NOT considered fully remote. Fully remote jobs will be labeled as remote so that it's visible on your job and will appear in relevant searches for remote work.
Additionally, in order to identify roles in one of these three distinct ways, there are certain phrases employers can include in job descriptions:
- To be considered a “temporarily remote due to COVID-19” job, please include one of the following:
- “Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19”
- “Work from home during coronavirus”
- “Can start remotely due to COVID-19”
- To be considered as a job having “work from home flexibility”, please include one of the following:
- “Flexible work from home options available”
- “Work from home days possible”
- “Options for working from home”
- To be considered a “fully remote” job, please include one of the following:
- “This is a remote position”
- “Employees will be working remotely”
- “Remote work allowed”