Building job applications
Access level required: Site Administrator, Site Administrator (No Billing Access)
Applications can be built, customized, and attributed to specific job orders.
You can view, edit, and create new applications by going to Portal > Applications.
Creating a new application
To create a new application, select Add Application. You'll need to give the application a name (Description). The name of the application will not be visible to applicants. You also have the option to add a header, which will be visible to applicants, and designate whether the application will be the default application for all of your jobs, or be used when candidates register on your career portal. Clicking Add Application once more will save your new application, and give you the ability to add or edit questions.
From Portal > Applications, click the name of the application you wish to add questions to. With the application opened, select Add Question. Questions can be added 3 ways:
This is the question that the applicant sees.
This appears as smaller text bleow the question and is meant to be an addition or clarification to the inital question. Text often entered here is instructions on formatting.
By default, answers to custom questions will be saved to the application only, and can only be viewed by viewing the application.
You also have the ability to save the answer to a field, either default or custom. This will enable you to search and sort your candidates based on how they answered your question(s).
*Note: If a candidate answers a question multiple times, the field will be overwritten with the most recent answer.
Different field types can be used for specific questions. For example, if you want consistent formatiing for application answers, you can have the applicant choose an option from a dropdown in lieu of typing in a text box.
- Text - A simple, one line text box
- Multi-line Text - A larger text box, better for longer text answers
- Date - Applicant chooses a date from a calendar popup
- Number - Similar to a text box, but only numbers will be accepted
- File - Gives the applicant the ability to upload a file. Great for cover letters, examples of work, etc.
- Checkbox - A checkbox appears after the question, saved as a 'yes' or 'no'
- Multiple Choice - Gives the applicant the ability to choose multiple options for one question
- Dropdown - Gives the applicant the ability to choose one option from a dropdown list
- Radios - Similar to in format to multiple choice, but the applicant can only select one option
Options can be added/edited by typing in the Options field when selecting the Multiple Choice, Dropdown, or Radios field type.
*Note: Once a field type has been chosen, it cannot be changed.
Check the box next to the pre-built question(s) you wish to add to the application and click Add.
Questions from Another Application
Select the application from the dropdown and click Import. This will add all questions from the selected application to the application you're editing. This is a great way to make a "copy" of an existing application.
Applying Applications to Job Orders
Within a job order, edit the Applications section to select one or more applications to attach to that job.
Adding more than one application to a job will still appear as a single application to the candidate.